The Directorate of Mines and Geology looks after the work of mineral administration.
It regulates the grant of mineral concessions through the enforcement of the following
- The Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Act 1957
- The Mineral Concession Rules 1960
- The Goa Minor Mineral Concession Rules 1985
- The Goa Daman and Diu Mining Concessions (Abolition and Declaration
as Mining Leases) Act 1987
- The Goa (Prevention of Illegal Mining, Transportation and Storage)
Besides it is also responsible for implementation of the following legislations
even though these legislations are enforced by other agencies:
- The Mineral Conservation and Development Rules 1988
- The Mines Act 1952 and the rules made there under.
The Act 57 and MCR 60 regulate the grant/renewal of reconnaissance permits, prospecting
licences and mining leases.